Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I kept my big mouth shut!!!

Hubby will be home tomorrow evening but already I am singing "I did it! I did it! I can't believe I did it!"

By that I mean I cannot believe I went 14 entire days and never once did I slip or give into pressure and reveal my little secret! Oh it was tough believe me. The subject of pregnancy seemed to jump out from everywhere. I swear my BFF was trying to test me today by bringing up babies and pregnancy every chance she got. (Pretty sure she suspects it.) Anyway, I honestly didn't think I could go that long and not spill the beans.

A couple of times with a couple of different people I swear the conversation circled right around and opened it's self up for the perfect opportunity to tell. Its like the universe was temping me! What kept me going was the longer I lasted not telling anyone the longer I wanted to go. Also just the thought of how DH would feel if he was not the first person to know besides me, kept my jaw wired shut in those instances where I came close.

 I love him so much! I cannot wait to see his face! I'm going to have to tell him relatively soon after he gets home tonight because I am definitely a lot "thicker" than I was when he left three weeks ago, it won't take him long to figure out what my pudgy middle and ginormous boobs mean.

Part of me is just the a tiny bit nervous that he is going to be more stressed out than happy. Not that he will be upset, I'm just thinking he is going to be in a bit of shock. After all I don't think he really thought this would happen within our given time frame. It will all work out in the end thought! He loves kids more than any man I've ever known. I think he was just stuck in the thought that he would always be a one child daddy.

Some days I think he is still in awe over our two year old. That is going to be the toughest for him to wrap his mind around; her not being the baby.  I really hope with my heart and soul that this new baby is a boy, I think that will make it easier for DH to accept this life change. So far I've had minimal morning sickness and that's how it was when I was prego with my son. (My two daughters I had more than morning sickness, Hyperemesis gravidarum where it does not stop. Without intervention with meds I would have dehydrated and ended up in the hospital.) I'm a tiny worried about multiples with how much weight I've already gained. Anyway, I hope the next 12 hours fly by so I can get this lovely secret out into the open where it belongs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment