Monday, August 12, 2013

Equal opportunity bigot . . . for good reason though.

I did write yesterday I just didn't get a chance to put it up. Had an issue with my neighbors so I wrote them a letter. First a little back ground.

I have annoying neighbors. There I said it.

Okay, okay . . . I fucking HATE my neighbors. There I said it. For the ten thousandth time.

I am not a racist but you could call me an equal opportunity bigot if you wanted to. It is my humble opinion that 99.8% of this planet is populated with jerks, fiercely looking out for only themselves. Basically, I dislike/distrust nearly everyone regardless of race, creed, sex, ethnicity or religion.  (Everyone's an asshole!)
 
That being said this is not a story about race. It is about annoying neighbors.

We have lived here in relative peace going on our fourth year now. At the start of summer our neighbors built a very nice patio and awning which I thought looked great. I was happy they were able to make improvements to their home.

Unfortunately since the patio was built they have hosted several large parties with loud music well into the night and early morning. On one occasion they literally woke me and my entire household out of a dead sleep at 2AM. At that point I donned my fuzzy, pink bathrobe, walked out onto my back porch and yelled at them to keep it the fuck down. (Crotchety old ladies in fuzzy bathrobes unite!!)


The next day I tried speaking to the son (who was the host of that particular party). He was rude, disrespectful, tried to intimidate me and never stopped rolling his eyes.

A few days later my hubby was home. The son and father (owner of the home) apologized to him about the situation. (Funny since DH was not here for that incident . . . nor has he been home for ANY of their parties. They seem to do it when they know I'm here alone We thought the issue was solved.

Wrong. This past weekend I had the pleasure of laying in bed until 11:30 PM (I usually to go to bed at 9PM! I NEED MY BABY GROWING SLEEP!) listening to the "Oom Pah-pah, oom pah-pah, eye-yeye-yeye-eye! Yippee! Horns, horns and more horns. Oom pah-pah, oom pah-pah!" of their music. I went out to yell from my porch again but this time instead of finding the son and his hoodlum friends it was the dad and ten other grown ass adults! I didn't dare confront them, as DH is still 900 miles away and my kiddos are inside, alone, unprotected. (There are just too many fucked up, violent, out of control domestic situations these days! Some involving neighbors!)

So I took my anger to the key board. By the time I was done editing I felt like a dirty hippie singing "Kumbaya my neighbors! Kumbaya!" (What the hell has happened to me?!?) Anyway, here is my letter:

"Dear Neighbor,

    We have lived next door to each other going on four years now. In four years we have never had a problem with noise. I don’t know what has changed but this summer your home has been host to several large, loud parties that go on well after 10 PM.

    I’m not trying to be mean or cause problems, but sleep is a God given right to all human beings. Perhaps you are not aware but when you have parties on your back yard patio it keeps up or wakes up every person in my house. All bedrooms in my home are located near your patio or driveway.

    Even with our windows shut, when your family is outside “partying” they tend to “shout” when they speak and its usually four or five people all “shouting” at the same time trying to have a conversation. I’ve also laid in bed listening to extremely loud hollering, hooting, cheering and laughing. (Maybe you aren’t aware but the giant, concrete wall in our back yards echos EVERYTHING.)
Music during your late parties is also a nuisance. Even when you turn it down, if its outside at all the bass bounces off the concrete wall and right into my house.

    I have spoke to your son about this twice already. You have spoken to my husband about it. I feel we have been nice enough about this.

    I DON’T WANT ANY TROUBLE.

    ALL I AM ASKING:

•    PLEASE TAKE YOUR PARTIES INSIDE YOUR HOME AFTER 10 PM.

•    PARTY ALL YOU WANT BETWEEN 7AM AND 10 PM.

•    CITY QUIET HOURS ARE 10PM TO 7AM.

    Let’s be respectful, helpful, kind neighbors to one another. There is too much negativity and violence in the world today. Neighbors should be courteous, respectful and helpful instead of rude and annoying. This neighborhood is home to us all so let’s please be civil and mindful of each other!

    If you have any questions or feel the need to discuss this matter you may speak to my husband when he gets home .
    Thank you."   


No comments:

Post a Comment